EDGERTON COMMUNITY GARDEN PLOT REGISTRATION -2019 SEASON
All plots are full except for the 3' x 5' ADA accessible raised beds (reserved for people using canes, walkers, or wheelchairs). Sign up to use ADA accessible beds by calling 651-249-2173 to rent these ADA plots, and leave a message with your interest.
- Grow Your Own Local Organic Food!
- Rent a 12’ x 15’ in-ground plot, or 4’ x 8’ raised bed (eighteen inches height) or a 3’ x 5’ ADA accessible raised bed for the 2019 garden season.
- Garden Season is Friday May 3 - Monday, October 21
- The City will provide water spigots.
- Renters agree to plant, maintain, and harvest their plots using organic (chemical-free) methods.
- Fee: $25 per plot or raised bed for the entire 2019 garden season.
Community Garden Questions: Call Coordinator Oakley Biesanz 651-249-2173
EDGERTON COMMUNITY GARDEN IS LOCATED in Edgerton Park near the baseball fields and the playground. The park is located near the corner of Roselawn and Edgerton in Maplewood, and just north of Edgerton Elementary School.
GARDENING TIPSThis handout highlights research-based gardening tips for building your soil and controlling pests and weeds organically. This handout was put together by Jeffrey Gillman, former professor at University of MN in Horticultural Sciences, and his presentation for the Community Gardens of Maplewood and North St Paul. The translations below are provided by local volunteers.
English Language (PDF),
Spanish Language (PDF),
Hmong Language (PDF),
Karen Language (PDF)
- Gardening Matters -Find a Garden Map this local nonprofit supports "Community Gardening for a Just, Diverse, and Sustainable Local Food System"
- Ramsey County Master Gardeners are there to help you learn more about gardening! Ask a Master Gardener--Call 612-301-7590 for the state yard and garden hotline, or go to their plant diagnostic clinics, or visit them at some farmers markets.
- Ramsey County Compost Sites: Free compost available for Ramsey County residents (and wood chips) for gardening -check the individual websites for details about hours and availability.
- Saint Paul Farmers Markets include locations in Maplewood and many others for your locally grown plant seedlings such as tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and flowers.
- ISD 622 Community Education Gardens at Cowern School, Harmony School, Carver School
- Lakeview Peace Gardens at Lakeview Lutheran Church, at 1194 E. Co. Rd. C
- Harvest Gardens Community Garden a Community Garden Coordinated by First Evangelical Free Church. Voice mailbox: 651 288-1082.
- Rice Street Gardens is also located nearby and have plots open for rent to the public.