ONLINE REGISTRATION LINK: EDGERTON COMMUNITY GARDEN PLOT REGISTRATION FOR 2019 SEASON
This link is live starting Weds, March 20th for online registration starting at 9am. Plots fill quickly, so be sure to register promptly!
- Grow Your Own Local Organic Food!
- Rent a 12’ x 15’ in-ground plot, or 4’ x 8’ raised bed (eighteen inches height) or a 3’ x 5’ ADA accessible raised bed for the 2019 garden season.
- Garden Season is Friday May 3 - Monday, October 21.
- The City will provide water spigots.
- Renters agree to plant, maintain, and harvest their plots using organic (chemical-free) methods.
- Fee: $25 per plot or raised bed for the entire 2019 garden season.
Garden Questions: 651-249-2173 or help registering online: 651-249-2170
EDGERTON COMMUNITY GARDEN IS LOCATED in Edgerton Park near the baseball fields and the playground. The park is located near the corner of Roselawn and Edgerton in Maplewood, and just north of Edgerton Elementary School.Capitol Improvement Project funds have been allocated, and a contractor began upgrades in October 2018. The further implementation of these projects will continue through spring of 2019 and the garden season. Upgrades include irrigation and ADA accessible concrete work, as well as a few more garden plots prepared.
EDGERTON COMMUNITY GARDEN IMPROVEMENTS
For Help Registering, call 651-249-2171
Community Garden Questions: Call Coordinator Oakley Biesanz 651-249-2173
EDGERTON COMMUNITY GARDEN OPEN HOUSE
At Edgerton Community Garden
Friday, May 3rd, 4:30PM-6:30PM
Drop-in and take a tour the Edgerton Community Garden. Poor weather back-up location inside Edgerton School Gym. Meet other garden enthusiasts, and get gardening information from a Master Gardener.
FREE! Drop-in program; no registration required.
This handout highlights research-based gardening tips for building your soil and controlling pests and weeds organically. This handout was put together by Jeffrey Gillman, former professor at University of MN in Horticultural Sciences, and his presentation for the Community Gardens of Maplewood and North St Paul. The translations below are provided by local volunteers.
English Language (PDF),
Spanish Language (PDF),
Hmong Language (PDF),
Karen Language (PDF)
- Gardening Matters -Find a Garden Map this local nonprofit supports "Community Gardening for a Just, Diverse, and Sustainable Local Food System"
- Ramsey County Master Gardeners are there to help you learn more about gardening! Ask a Master Gardener--Call 651-704-2071 for unbiased garden answers, go to their plant diagnostic clinics, or visit them at some farmers markets.
- Free compost available for Ramsey County residents (and wood chips) for gardening from Ramsey County Compost Sites check the individual websites for details about hours and availability
- Saint Paul Farmers Markets include locations in Maplewood and many others for your locally grown plant seedlings such as tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and flowers.
- ISD 622 Community Education Gardens at Cowern School, Harmony School, Carver School
- Lakeview Peace Gardens at Lakeview Lutheran Church, at 1194 E. Co. Rd. C
- Harvest Gardens Community Garden a Community Garden Coordinated by First Evangelical Free Church. Voice mailbox: 651 288-1082.
- Rice Street Gardens is also located nearby and have plots open for rent to the public.