Edgerton Community Garden Plot Registration- 2020 Season
Grow Your Own Local Organic Food!
Wednesday, Feb 26, 10 AM: Returning Gardener Online Registration Opens
Wednesday, March 11, 10 AM: New Gardener Online Registration Opens
Online Registration Website: https://apm.activecommunities.com/maplewoodmn/Home Type "Community Garden" into the search bar. Call 651-249-2170 if you need help with online registration. Plots fill quickly, so we recommend creating an account for the registration software beforehand, and register promptly after registration opens.
Rent a Plot or Raised Bed:
12-foot by 15-foot in-ground plot
4-foot by 8-foot raised bed (18 inches height)
3-foot by 5-foot Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible raised beds, reserved for people using canes, walkers, or wheelchairs
The City will provide water spigots.
Renters agree to plant, maintain, and harvest their plots using organic (chemical-free) methods.
The fee is $25, plus software registration fee, per plot or raised bed for the entire 2020 garden season.
Garden Season is Friday May 1, 2020 through Monday, October 19, 2020
If you have Community Garden questions, call Coordinator, Oakley Biesanz at 651-249-2173.
Edgerton Community Garden Location
The Community Garden is located in Edgerton Park near the baseball fields and the playground. The park is located near the corner of Roselawn and Edgerton in Maplewood, and just north of Edgerton Elementary School.
This handout highlights research-based gardening tips for building your soil and controlling pests and weeds organically. This handout was put together by Jeffrey Gillman, former professor at University of Minnesota in Horticultural Sciences, and his presentation for the Community Gardens of Maplewood and North St Paul. The following translations are provided by local volunteers:
- English Language Gardening Tips (PDF)
- Hmong Language Gardening Tips (PDF)
- Karen Language Gardening Tips (PDF)
- Spanish Language Gardening Tips (PDF)
Gardening Resources and Nearby Community Gardens
- Harvest Gardens Community Garden is a Community Garden Coordinated by First Evangelical Free Church. Reach the voice mailbox at 651-288-1082.
- Independent School District 622 Community Education Gardens at Cowern School, Harmony School, and Carver School.
- Lakeview Peace Gardens at:
Lakeview Lutheran Church
1194 E County Road C
St. Paul, MN 55109
- Rice Street Gardens is also located nearby and have plots open for rent to the public.
- Ramsey County Compost Sites: Free compost available for Ramsey County residents (and wood chips) for gardening. Check the individual websites for details about hours and availability.