EDGERTON COMMUNITY GARDEN IMPROVEMENTS
OPEN HOUSE TO VIEW DRAFT DESIGN
JUNE 5, 6:00PM - 7:30PM, 2018.
Location: Edgerton Community Gym (enter from the north side of Edgerton Elementary School.)
If you can’t make this meeting, but would like to provide feedback for the design, a link to an Edgerton Community Design
to provide input. These designs will also be presented at the June 20th Maplewood Parks Commission meeting.
GARDEN PLOTS FILLED FOR 2018 SEASON. For nearby Community Gardens in the area, see "Resources", below.
in Edgerton Park near the baseball fields and the playground. The park is located near the corner of Roselawn and Edgerton in Maplewood, and just north of Edgerton Elementary School.
EDGERTON COMMUNITY GARDEN IS LOCATED
Edgerton Community Garden has 12’ x 15’ plots, and 4’ x 8’ raised bed (eighteen inches height, priority for raised beds given to those with self-reporting mobility issues, though not wheelchair accessible) for the 2018 garden season. The City will stake the plots, and provide a water tank. Renters agree to plant, maintain, and harvest their plots using organic (chemical-free) methods. The plots are not tilled for the gardeners.
Garden Improvements in 2018 to provide water spigots and expand and improve the garden is planned to take place this garden season. This construction may temporarily make some garden plots inaccessible for a few days this garden season, and some plots may not be available for rent, or will only be available for a limited time frame for rent to allow for grading of the site.
Renters agree to plant their plots no later than Monday, May 21, 2018, and the have their plots cleaned and cleared by the end of the season, by Weds, October 24th, 2018.
Community Garden Questions: Call Coordinator Oakley Biesanz 651-249-2173
This handout highlights research-based gardening tips for building your soil and controlling pests and weeds organically. This handout was put together by Jeffrey Gillman, former professor at University of MN in Horticultural Sciences, and his presentation for the Community Gardens of Maplewood and North St Paul. The translations below are provided by local volunteers.
English Language (PDF),
Spanish Language (PDF),
Hmong Language (PDF),
Karen Language (PDF)
- Gardening Matters -Find a Garden Map this local nonprofit supports "Community Gardening for a Just, Diverse, and Sustainable Local Food System"
- Ramsey County Master Gardeners are there to help you learn more about gardening! Ask a Master Gardener--Call 651-704-2071 for unbiased garden answers, go to their plant diagnostic clinics, or visit them at some farmers markets.
- Free compost available for Ramsey County residents (and wood chips) for gardening from Ramsey County Compost Sites check the individual websites for details about hours and availability
- Saint Paul Farmers Markets include locations in Maplewood and many others for your locally grown plant seedlings such as tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and flowers.
- ISD 622 Community Education Gardens at Cowern School, Harmony School, Carver School
- Lakeview Peace Gardens at Lakeview Lutheran Church, at 1194 E. Co. Rd. C
- Harvest Gardens Community Garden a Community Garden Coordinated by First Evangelical Free Church. Voice mailbox: 651 288-1082.
- Rice Street Gardens is also located nearby and have plots open for rent to the public.