Recycling & Clean Up Announcements
Saturday, April 17, 2021 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Aldrich Arena, 1850 White Bear Avenue
Maplewood residents will be able to dispose and recycle bulky items at the City's annual Spring Clean Up.
- Appliances (Retrofit Companies - what items are accepted - scroll to the bottom of the page)
- Bicycles (any condition)
- Bulky Metals
- Car and Pick-Up Truck Tires and Rims
- Carpet and carpet pad (will be disposed of - our carpet recycling company is not longer in business)
- Demo from small residential projects (wood trim, toilet, etc.)
- Documents for Shredding (paper only - no limit, the shredding vendor requires that you unload the materials and dump them into the shredding cart yourself - no shredding only line this year due to new procedures and parking lot layout)
- Electronics (Retrofit Companies - what items are accepted - scroll to the bottom of the page)
- Furniture that Cannot be Reused (furniture will be disposed of - not donated for reuse)
- Household Hazardous Waste (refer to Ramsey County HHW for items accepted - no HHW only line this year due to new procedures and parking lot layout - if you have only HHW items consider bringing to the Aldrich Arena HHW site other days offered by the County)
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Municipal Solid Waste (residential trash)
- Reusable Clothing and Shoes (US Again)
- Small Engines (snow blowers, push and riding lawn mowers, leaf blowers, etc.)
Pricing is per vehicle load (not per item) as follows: Car - $10; SUV - $10; Pick Up Truck - $20; Mini-Van - $20; Trailer - $30; Trailer over 8 feet - $40; Car/SUV/Pick Up Truck and Trailer will be charged for both loads; Shredding and Household Hazardous Waste loads only - Free. Payment in the form of cash or check made out to the City of Maplewood.
Food and Cash Drive for Merrick Community Services and Local Food Shelfs: Top items needed include cooking oils and vinegars, spices, cooking sauces, proteins, grains, and monetary contributions.
Covid-19 Safe Event: Help us ensure a Covid-19 safe event. Wear a mask, stay in vehicle where possible, maintain 6-foot social distance.
Questions: Contact Shann Finwall, Environmental Planner, 651-249-2304, email.
Compost Bins and Rain Barrels
Pre-Order On-Line at RecycleMinnesota.org/compost-bins-rain-barrels
Pick Up on Saturday, May 1, 2021, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Ramsey County Parks and Recreation Department (2015 Van Dyke Street)
The Recycling Association of Minnesota and Ramsey County are offering 100% recycled product compost bins and rain barrels at a discounted priced. Compost bins are $66 plus tax (enter promo code “Ramsey” to get a $20 discount). Rain barrels are $79 plus tax.