Recycling & Clean Up Announcements
Spring Clean Up Postponed
The City of Maplewood has been monitoring the current public health emergency taking place. In order to protect our residents and staff, we are postponing the Spring Clean Up originally scheduled for Saturday, April 18 at Aldrich Arena. We are working with our contracted trash hauler to schedule an alternative clean up event later this year. Until then, here is a list of other recycling and disposal options (make sure and check their websites for changes in their service levels):
- Republic Services Curbside Bulky Item Collection: Residents with trash service through Republic Services can schedule curbside collection of bulky items (furniture, appliances, electronics, etc.). The fee ranges from $10 to $35. Contact Republic Services at 651-455-8634 to schedule.
- Ramsey County Household Hazardous Waste (ramseyrecycles.com/HHW): Ramsey County has a mobile household hazardous waste collection site at Aldrich Arena (1850 White Bear Avenue, Maplewood) on Fridays and Saturdays throughout April. Year round collection at Bay West (5 Empire Drive, St. Paul).
- Bro-Tex Carpet Recycling (carpet.brotex.com/24-7-drop-off-locations): Carpet and pad can be dropped off at Bro-Tex (800 North Avenue, St. Paul) for recycling. There is a drop-off administration fee of $20 per car, pickup, or small trailer.
- Washington County Environmental Center (Washington County Environmental Center): Ramsey County residents can use this facility for free. The Washington County Environmental Center (4039 Cottage Grove Drive, Woodbury) accepts electronics, household hazardous waste, and recyclables.
- Second Chance Mattress and Box Spring Recycling (www.secondchancerecyclingmn.com): Mattresses and box springs can be recycled at Second Chance Recycling (1179 15th Avenue SE, Minneapolis). They also offer curbside collection for a fee.
- Ramsey County A to Z (RamseyRecycles.com): Ramsey Recycles is a residential recycling campaign run by Ramsey County. Check here for residential collection and drop off sites for all your recycling and disposal needs.
Fall Clean Up Campaign
Republic Services, Maplewood contracted residential trash hauler, offers year-round curbside collection of bulky items. The contracted price for the collection of these items ranges from $10 to $35, depending on the item. The City and Republic Services offer reduced price bulky item collection (20% reduction in price) yearly during the month of October. To schedule curbside bulky item collection contact Republic Services at 651-455-8634.
Compost Bins and Rain Barrels
Each spring, the Recycling Association of Minnesota partners with local governments, soil and watershed districts, nonprofits, and other organizations to provide quality compost bins and rain barrels made from recycled materials at low cost to Minnesota residents. Order a compost bin and rain barrel on line now, and pick up at the Ramsey County Parks & Recreation Department, 2015 Van Dyke St, Maplewood on May 2. Click here for additional details and to place an order, or call 651-641-4589. Receive a $20 discount on Compost Bins only when you use the promo code "Ramsey."