Apply for a License
Application for a Courtesy Bench license has been transitioned to an online licensing system (Accela) and is available for access via the Citizen Access portal. Paper applications are no longer accepted, unless applicants are unable to use the online system.
The following documents are required to be submitted with this application:
- A detailed map and list showing the exact requested location of each proposed courtesy bench.
- Evidence of consent of adjoining residential property owners or lessees within 100 feet of the proposed location of each courtesy bench.
- Certificate of Insurance (see SAMPLE)
- Permit to Self-Insure (if applicant is self-insured for workers' compensation)
Guide to Using the Citizen Access Portal
Please use the reference guides below to assist you in registering for an account and applying for a license. If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 651-249-2005.
- Registering for an Account
- Applying for a License
License term runs January 1 through December 31, annually. Prior to expiration of the license, notification of renewal will occur through email and licenses may be renewed online via the Citizen Access portal.