Intoxicating Liquor - Off Sale

An "Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor" license is required of any person or company that engages in the sale of intoxicating liquor for consumption off or away from the premises of the retail store where sold. Under this license, intoxicating liquor must be sold in its original packages.

Code Requirements

Guidance relating to Intoxicating Liquor licenses is contained in the Maplewood City Code, Chapter 6, Article III. All license holders are required to be familiar with the provisions of this Chapter, Minnesota Statute Chapter 340A and federal regulations.

On August 10, 2020 City Council approved an ordinance amendment to remove distance restrictions for Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor license establishments. 

Application Requirements

Expiration / Renewal

License term runs January 1 through December 31, annually. Renewal must occur on or before date of expiration.