Wine - On Sale
A "Wine - On Sale" license required of any person or company that engages in the sale of wine by the glass (not exceeding 24% alcohol by volume) for consumption on the premises of the licensed establishment where sold. A Food Establishment License is required in conjunction with any "Wine - On Sale" license.
Guidance relating to Wine On Sale licenses is contained in the Maplewood City Code, Chapter 6, Article III, Division 3. All license holders are required to be familiar with the provisions of this Chapter, Minnesota Statute Chapter 340A and federal regulations.
Apply for a License
Applications for business licenses have been transitioned to an online licensing system (Accela) and is available for access via the Citizen Access portal.
The following documents are required to be submitted with this application: Opens in New Window
- AGED City/County On-Sale Wine License Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- AGED Certification Form (PDF) Opens in New Window
- AGED Retailer’s (Buyer’s) Card Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- AGED Optional 2AM Liquor License Application (PDF) Opens in New Window (if applicable)
- Patio Requirements (PDF) Opens in New Window (if applicable)
- Certificate of Insurance (See SAMPLE)
- Each owner/partner/officer with >5% interest in the business and establishment manager must complete a supplemental application and undergo a background investigation. A background investigation consent form will also need to be emailed to email@example.com.
Guide to Using the Citizen Access Portal
Please use the reference guides below to assist you in registering for an acocunt and applying for a license. If you need additional assistance please contact us at 651-249-2003.
Expiration / Renewal
License term runs January 1 through December 31, annually. Renewal must occur on or before date of expiration.
All license fees can be found on the city's fee schedule.