Sign Ordinance

The City's sign ordinance establishes a comprehensive and impartial system of sign regulations that balances the needs for effective visual communication and a safe, well-maintained, and attractive community. 

Sign Permit & Sign Installer License

A sign permit is required for all permanent signs and some temporary signs.  In addition, all sign installers (including sign installers who install portable temporary signs) must be licensed by the City of Maplewood. Please contact 651-249-2300 for licensing questions.

  • Contractor License Application
    • This application must be submitted with a check for $130.00 and a certificate of insurance (amounts are on the application). 
    • Mail to 1902 County Road B East or put in a clearly marked envelope in the silver drop box outside the front door at City Hall, 1830 County Rd B East.