A building permit is needed for a stoop if it is 30 inches from grade and frost footings are required. If a contractor is constructing the stoop, the city requires the contractor to be licensed with either the state or the City of Maplewood.


Documentation required when applying for a stoop building permit:

Front stoop with red door