The Police Records Unit is located inside Maplewood City Hall at 1830 County Road B East. If you need to speak to someone in the Records Unit, please ask the customer service desk attendant for help.
Official department records include reports, photos, and tapes covering the 35,000-plus calls to which Maplewood officers respond annually.
In addition to reviewing, processing, storing, and retrieving these documents, Records Unit personnel also maintain computerized records databases, prepare and distribute daily activity summaries and transcribe, and duplicate and distribute investigative reports.
Customer Services Provided by the Police Records Unit - (651) 249-2600
- Copies of accident reports (25 cents per page fee)
- Copies of police reports (25 cents per page fee)
- Statistical reports (prices vary)
- Copies of digital evidence (prices vary)
- Fingerprints (residents of Maplewood or those who work within the city)
- Telephone and walk-in reception for the department
Our goal is to provide highly accurate and detailed information to support the efforts of other members of the criminal justice system, including prosecutors, defense attorneys, courts, and corrections.
Processing many pages of written reports and documents annually, along with a majority of electronic files, the dedicated and highly skilled staff of the Records Unit regularly maintain a data accuracy rate exceeding 99%.