• 2018 Annual Report Opens a New Window. - Review the challenges, opportunities, successes, and activity of our community’s public safety staff for 2018. This report stands as an archive of our previous year’s service and a commitment to our community
• 2018 Use of Force Summary Report - In 2018, the Maplewood Police department responded to nearly 35,000 calls for service and arrested around 1900 people. Of those calls for service, our officers used force in just 26 cases (.07%), with no major injuries to suspects.
• 2018 Enforcement Action Report - Through our commitment to transparency the Maplewood Police Department evaluates our enforcement actions each year. It’s a comprehensive examination of our arrest and traffic stop numbers.
• Strategic Plan - Our department routinely evaluates our mission and sets goals for how our officers interact with the community and ensure public safety.
• Policy Manual - The Maplewood Police Departments holds our officers to high standards and we strive to our commitment to public safety and community engagement. We’re guided by the profession’s best practices in a variety of areas, including use of force, vehicle operation, police-community engagement, and training.
As a department we are committed to:
Effective, innovative, and high quality police service delivery
Communication and transparency that builds community trust and partnership
Reduction of crime and livability problems through measured and collaborative prevention and intervention efforts.