Maplewood Street Division’s highest profile job is snow plowing. Our priority is to ensure clear roads for morning and evening rush hour.
Heavily traveled routes, including streets adjacent to schools and commercial areas, are given greater priority over less traveled routes. In cul-de-sacs, the snow is plowed either into the middle or at a selected spot within the cul-de-sac, then hauled away at a later date. This also helps us limit sand, salt and deicer, which can be environmentally disruptive.
You can find more information on our Snow/Ice Policy or Parking Ordinance.
Help Us Ensure Smooth Plowing
- Don’t crowd snowplows; give them room to work.
- Don’t pass a snowplow unless you see the whole plow, including its blade.
- Don’t throw or plow snow onto the street. It’s against the law.
- Keep children away from curbs and boulevards when snowplows are working.
- Don’t dig or tunnel into boulevard snow piles. Plows throw tons of snow that can quickly bury a child or cause a tunnel collapse.
- Don’t place your garbage container in the street.
- Adopt a fire hydrant and clear a 3-foot radius around it.