Next City Elections Will Be in 2020
The City will be holding Elections in conjunction with the 2020 State Elections.
Key Election Dates in 2020
- January 17 to March 2, 2020 - Absentee voting period for the Presidential Nomination Primary Election
- February 11, 2020 - Last day to preregister for the Presidential Nomination Primary Election
- March 3, 2020 - Presidential Nomination Primary Election Day
- June 26 to August 10, 2020 - Absentee voting period for the Federal and State Primary Election
- July 21, 2020 - Last day to preregister for the Federal and State Primary Election
- August 11, 2020 - Federal and State Primary Election
- September 18 to November 2, 2020 - Absentee voting period for the Federal and State General Election
- October 20, 2020 - Last day to preregister for the Federal and State General Election
- November 3, 2020 - Federal and State General Election
Visit the Ramsey County Elections for additional information.
Results can be obtained through the Secretary of State Election Division.
After Election Day, election results can be obtained by calling the City Clerk at 651-249-2002.
Time Off to Vote
In a federal, state, or any regularly scheduled election, every employee has the right to be excused from work to vote on Election Day without penalty or loss of salary or wages per Minnesota Statute 204C.04.
Assistance to Persons With Disabilities
All polling places have a booth accessible for persons with disabilities. In addition, there is a machine to assist the voter in marking the ballot. Voters unable to enter a polling place may, with the assistance of two election judges of different political parties, register and vote without leaving their vehicle. Absentee voting is also available prior to Election Day.