The event includes:
- native seed harvest demonstration
- strategies to store and plant native seeds
- restoration projects that will benefit from the seeds
- harvest your own native seeds to take home for your garden
- pop up native plant sale
- kid friendly pollinator activity
Maplewood partners with Urban Roots on the Harvest Park Native Seed Garden, a 1.5-acre garden that incorporates a mix of native forbs and grasses, designed to facilitate the harvesting of seed from the plants to use in future restoration projects. Urban Roots’ Conservation youth interns support and improve green spaces and participate in the restoration of local parks through removal of displaced plant species, native seed collection and installation of native plants.