The nature center is a fun, interactive place to bring your preschoolers! Choose from a variety of seasonally appropriate topics, which can be found in the "Current Programs" section of this page. Groups of up to 50 may call to schedule a time to visit. Puppet shows are very popular!
Schedule Your Group
Call Ann Hutchinson, Lead Naturalist, at 651-249-2172 to sign up to reserve the time and learn more details. Got a special program in mind that you don’t see listed here, or an adult group that wants a program? You may also fill out our online Nature Center Programs Form.
Schedule a Self-Guided Educational Group
How to schedule Self-Guided Educational Groups:
- Groups of 20 or more people may wish to reserve a time to explore inside in the exhibit and touch and see room. A fee of $50 fee will hold your spot for 40 minutes of exploration time inside. Please call 651-249-2170 at least two weeks in advance.
- This includes use of restrooms, picnic area, and play yard.
- Groups should always call ahead to check availability. Scheduled paid groups receive priority in the exhibit room and play yard.
Recommended Length of Stay
- Plan one hour and 15 additional minutes for each program.
- Program time includes a few minutes to visit the touch and see room.
- Consider adding 15 minutes to explore the Children’s Nature Play Yard.
- Most programs are designed for groups of up to 20 preschool children.
- Puppet Shows and live animal presentations are appropriate for larger groups.
- Adult/child ratio of 1 to 2 is recommended for two-year-old groups, and 1 to 8 is recommended for 3- to 5-year-old groups.
- Additional adults are welcome.
- Naturalist program with hike: $4 per child
- Minimum group fee: $20 for groups of up to 5 children
- Puppet show and self-guided bingo hike: $3 per child
- Additional children over total of 10: $3 per child
- Outreach fee: $100 per show, $30 for each consecutive show
- No charge for chaperones