To Schedule your group
Call Ann Hutchinson, Lead Naturalist, at 651-249-2172 to sign up to reserve the time and learn more details. Got a special program in mind that you don’t see listed here, or an adult group that wants a program? You may also fill out our online form.
The nature center is a fun, interactive place to bring your preschoolers! Choose from a variety of seasonally appropriate topics (see brochure). Groups of up to 50 may call to schedule a time to visit. Puppet shows are very popular!
Recommended Length of Stay
- Plan one hour and 15 additional minutes for each program.
- Program time includes a few minutes to visit the touch and see room.
- Consider adding 15 minutes to explore the Children's Nature Play Yard.
- Most programs are designed for groups of up to 20 preschool children.
- Puppet Shows and live animal presentations are appropriate for larger groups.
- Adult/child ratio of 1:2 is recommended for two year old groups and 1:8 is recommended for 3 - 5 year old groups.
- Additional adults are welcome.
- Naturalist program with hike $4 per child
- Minimum group fee: $20 - for groups of up to 5 children
- Puppet Show and self-guided bingo hike: $3/child
- Additional children over total of 10: $3 per child
- No charge for chaperones
- Outreach fee: $100 per show, $30 for each consecutive show
How to Schedule Self-guided Educational Groups:
Groups of 20 or more people may wish to reserve a time to explore inside in the exhibit and touch and see room. A fee of $50 fee will hold your spot for 40 minutes of exploration time inside. Please call 651-249-2170 at least 2 weeks in advance.
This includes use of restrooms, picnic area and play yard.
Groups should always call ahead to check availability. Scheduled paid groups receive priority in the exhibit room and play yard.