DMV - Driver's License - DNR
Same day services are not available for all transactions.
The following are available via walk up only on a first come first served basis:
- Motor vehicle title transfers
- DNR (Boat, Licenses, etc.)
The following are available via appointment:
- Drivers License and Permits (New, Renewal, and Duplicate)
- ID Cards (New, Renewal, and Duplicate)
To make an appointment please visit our online scheduler via the link below or call (651) 249-2000.
The City of Maplewood serves the general public as a Deputy Registrar on behalf of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. The City of Maplewood Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is not an exam station, and is unable to conduct written or road exams; however, we are pleased to offer our customers the following services.
Driver’s License & Motor Vehicle Services
- Motor vehicle registration Opens a New Window. (Tabs) and title transfers Opens a New Window.
- Disability parking permits - Initial (PDF) Opens a New Window. / renewals
- Department of Transportation Self-Certification (PDF)
- Driver’s license, instruction permit (PDF) and Minnesota IDcard application/renewals
Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Services
M - F, 8am - 4pm
Make sure to come prepared and with correct fees. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check or Money Order
- Credit Card (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover)
Payments made with credit cards will include a 2.5% processing fee.
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Driver and Vehicle Services offers a variety of online self-services, such as:
- Pre-Apply for a Driver's License or ID (this helps speed up your transaction time at our office!) Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Help to choose what type of license/ID is best for you! Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Renew your tabs (for cars, pick-ups under 1 ton, and SUVs, only)
- View the Minnesota Drivers Manual (PDF)
Opens a New Window.
- Schedule or reschedule an exam Opens a New Window.