DMV - Driver's License - DNR
In preparation for our offices to open for the public on July 6th, we needed to make some changes in our online scheduling.
If you need to schedule an appointment for a Drivers License/ID Card or Passports please visit our online scheduler.
If you need to schedule an appointment for Tabs/Title Transfers and DNR, please call (651) 249-2000.
On July 6th, we will be open for all walk up services with the exception of Driver License/ID Cards. Those will remain appointment only.
Ensure you book the correct service. If you do not book the correct service,
you will not be seen.
The City of Maplewood serves the general public as a Deputy Registrar on behalf of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. The City of Maplewood Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is not an exam station, and is unable to conduct written or road exams; however, we are pleased to offer our customers the following services.
Driver’s License & Motor Vehicle Services
- Motor vehicle registration Opens a New Window. (Tabs) and title transfers Opens a New Window.
- Disability parking permits - Initial (PDF) Opens a New Window. / renewals
- Department of Transportation Self-Certification (PDF)
- Driver’s license, instruction permit (PDF) and Minnesota ID card application/renewals
Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Services
Closed until further notice - By Appointment Only
Make sure to come prepared and with correct fees. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check or Money Order
- Credit Card (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover)
Payments made with credit cards will include a 2.5% processing fee.
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Driver and Vehicle Services offers a variety of online self-services, such as:
- Pre-Apply for a Driver's License or ID (this helps speed up your transaction time at our office!) Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Help to choose what type of license/ID is best for you! Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Renew your tabs (for cars, pick-ups under 1 ton, and SUVs, only)
- View the Minnesota Drivers Manual (PDF)
Opens a New Window.
- Schedule or reschedule an exam Opens a New Window.