General Resources for Residents of Maplewood
- Minnesota Help - This is an all-purpose site that offers a comprehensive database of local community resources for consumers, caregivers, and service providers. You can search for resources by using keywords or by selecting topics.
- A Brush with Kindness - This is a program of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity that helps low-income homeowners struggling to restore and maintain a safe and decent place to live.
Specific Resources for Homeowners in Maplewood
- Minnesota Home Ownership Center - If you are a homeowner who is having trouble paying your mortgage or facing foreclosure, this organization can give you a hand.
- GMHC (Greater Metropolitan Housing Corporation) that helps homeowners find funding to fix their homes.
- Ramsey County Rehab Programs for deferred loan programs to fix up homes.
- Senior LinkAge Line® - This is a free telephone information (1(800) 333-2433) service, which makes it easy for older adults and their families to find community services.
- Hearts and Hammers - is a private non-profit organization that provides exterior painting and home improvement assistance for seniors and the physically disabled.
- Merrick Community Services- a nonprofit organization that provides services to
East sideneighborhoods. Their services focus on reducing the effects of poverty and helping to maintain independence for community members.
Specific Resources for Renters in Maplewood
- Ramsey County District Court - MN Statute 504B.385 allows renters to file a Rent Escrow Action against their landlord if they are not maintaining the property. The Second District Court can give you more information on how to do this, 651-266-8230.
- Tenants' Rights in Minnesota Handbook
- HOME Line - This is a nonprofit Minnesota statewide tenant advocacy organization with many online resources for renters.
Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services - Free legal resources to low income and seniors (60+) in a full range of civil matters.