- Community Development
- Building Inspections
- For Contractors
- Permit Applications
Maplewood building inspectors review construction plans and perform the on site inspections for compliance with the current building codes for residential and commercial properties.
Send all applications to:
City of Maplewood
1902 County Road B E
Maplewood MN 55109
Please call Maplewood Building Department with any questions at 651-249-2300.
- Building Permit Application (PDF) - Use for all construction permits including New Construction, demolition, occupancy, and manufactured home (PDF) permits
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF) - Fees on form
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF) - Fees on form
- Plumbing Plan Review Checklist (PDF) - This DOLI checklist must be filled out and included when submitting a Commercial Plumbing permit for Minor Remodels
- St. Paul Regional Water Services (SPRWS) - Only required for domestic water plumbing valued over $600 or outside ditch installations of any kind
Domestic water plumbing permits are issued and inspected by St. Paul Regional Water Services (SPRWS). For domestic water plumbing and fire system supply fees, please call SPRWS at 651-266-6270.
Please click here for the current information for electrical permits and inspections Opens in New Window .
The Building Division also accepts the permit applications for permits under the Fire Marshal's authority. These permits are reviewed and inspected by the Fire Marshal.
Please call 651-249-2804 to schedule fire permit inspections.
For building permit or fire system fee inquiries, please call 651-249-2300.
- Fire Alarm Permit Package (PDF) - Requirements and application documents
- Fire Sprinkler Permit Package (PDF) - Requirements and application documents
- Fire Suppression (PDF)
- Tank - Removal or Install (PDF)