- Business & Development
- Infrastructure Projects
- Myrtle-Sterling Area Street Improvements
Myrtle-Sterling Area Street Improvements
About the Project:
The Myrtle-Sterling Area Street Improvements, City Project 22-16, is a street and utility project under construction during the summer of 2023. The scope of the project includes the replacement of the failing pavement, soil subgrade corrections where needed, spot replacement of deteriorated concrete curb and gutter, new concrete curb and gutter on streets that do not currently have it, upgrades to the existing storm and sanitary sewer systems, replacement of the existing cast iron water main on Myrtle Street and Lakewood Drive north of Ripley Avenue, and the restoration of boulevards and driveways disturbed by the project. A sidewalk is also being installed along the east-side of Lakewood Drive between Holloway Avenue and Ripley Avenue.
A construction contract was awarded to Bituminous Roadways, Inc. by the Maplewood City Council on May 8, 2023. Staff has met with the contractor, who plans to begin construction around the 3rd week of June. A mailing will be sent out to area property owners to inform them of what to expect during construction in the upcoming weeks.
- Neighborhood Meeting #3 - Late May 2023 (Notice to be sent via mail)
- Construction - Late June through October 2023
- Neighborhood Meeting #1 Presentation (PDF)
- Neighborhood Meeting #1 Resident Questions and Comments (PDF)
- Neighborhood Meeting #2 Presentation (PDF)
- Neighborhood Meeting #2 Resident Questions and Comments (PDF)
- Myrtle-Sterling Construction FAQ (PDF)
- Myrtle-Sterling Special Assessment Basic Information (PDF)
- Myrtle-Sterling InputID
If you have any questions or comments in regards to the project, please feel free to reach out to Project Manager Jon Jarosch by phone at (651) 249-2405 or by email at Jon.Jarosch@MaplewoodMN.Gov . Please do not hesitate to reach out. That's what we're here for!
Report a Project Issue
Maplewood Project Inspector