Myrtle-Sterling Area Street Improvements
About the Project:
The Myrtle-Sterling Area Street Improvements, City Project 22-16, is a street and utility project under construction during the summer of 2023. The scope of the project includes the replacement of the failing pavement, soil subgrade corrections where needed, spot replacement of deteriorated concrete curb and gutter, new concrete curb and gutter on streets that do not currently have it, upgrades to the existing storm and sanitary sewer systems, replacement of the existing cast iron water main on Myrtle Street and Lakewood Drive north of Ripley Avenue, and the restoration of boulevards and driveways disturbed by the project. A sidewalk is also being installed along the east-side of Lakewood Drive between Holloway Avenue and Ripley Avenue.
Upcoming Construction Activities:
- September 14th-25th - Road base construction continues along Idaho Avenue (east of Sterling) and along Sterling Street. Concrete curb and gutter anticipated in this area around September 29th. First layer of pavement around October 9th.
- September 25th - Boulevard restoration begins along Lakewood Drive (north of Ripley Avenue) and along the pavement rehabilitation streets throughout the project area.
- September 14th-October 2nd - Watermain and storm sewer installations on Myrtle Street.
- October 3-9 - Road base building on Myrtle Street with concrete curb and gutter occurring the following week.
- Overall Project Construction to be completed by end of October 2023.
- Myrtle-Sterling Construction FAQ (PDF)
- Myrtle-Sterling Special Assessment Basic Information (PDF)
- Myrtle-Sterling InputID
- Myrtle-Sterling Construction Newsletter #3 (PDF)
- Street Assessment Objection Form
If you have any questions or comments in regards to the project, please feel free to reach out to Project Manager Jon Jarosch by phone at (651) 249-2405 or by email at Jon.Jarosch@MaplewoodMN.Gov . Please do not hesitate to reach out. That's what we're here for!