REVOLUTIONARY SPORTS CLASSES AND CAMPS IN MAPLEWOOD
Maplewood is working with Revolutionary Sports (RevSports), a group of committed coaches that teach sports in a fun, active, age-appropriate way. They’ve been offering programs in the Twin Cities for more than 20 years. Sessions are designed to learn fundamental skills, practice skills in fun activities, and play a game at the end of each day.
- Edgerton Community Gym
- $69/session for Ninja Warrior Fitness
- Visit: Maplewood.Revsports.org
- Info@RevSports.org or 612-234-7782
- All programs are operated by RevSports. Please contact RevSports at the information above with any program or registration questions.
Below you will find the sessions and the options offered for each session. Any age group marked by an * requires parent participation.
- Session 10: Oct 27, Nov 3, 10, 17
- Session 11: Dec 1, 15, 22, Jan 5
Volleyball: Indoors at Edgerton Gym
Available Sessions 10, 11
- Ages 4-6 5:30-6:10pm
- Ages 6-9 6:15-6:55pm
- Ages 9-11 7:00-7:40pm
- Ages 10-14 7:45-8:25pm
- Session 10: Oct 29, Nov 5, 12, 19
- Session 11: Dec 3, 10, 17, 31
Soccer: Indoors at Edgerton Gym
Available Sessions 10, 11
- Ages 2-3* 9:15-9:40am
- Ages 3-5* 9:45-10:25am
- Ages 5-7 10:30-11:10am
- Ages 6-9 11:15-11:55am
- Ages 9-12 12:00-12:40pm
YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR REVSPORTS CLASSES.
YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP PROCESS FOR REVSPORTS CLASSES
- Create an account with RevSports for parent and participant.
- Apply for a scholarship through Maplewood Parks & Natural Resources. (See guidelines below)
- Upon approval, RevSports will be notified and applicant will only be responsible for 1/3 of the registration fee.
MAPLEWOOD YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
- Individuals applying for a scholarship must be residents of Maplewood.
- To qualify for assistance, families with school age children must qualify for the reduced school lunch program as developed by School District #622 or School District #623, or another type of financial assistance (must obtain prior approval by Parks and Natural Resources staff). There is a limited number of financial assistance available for youth scholarships. Proof of assistance is due at the time of application.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Scholarship recipients may register for only one activity per season. This will allow everyone an equal opportunity to participate in the programs offered.
- There is no limit to the number of scholarships any individual or family can receive per year. However, the Parks & Natural Resources Department does reserve the right to limit scholarships for those programs with limited registration.
- Scholarships will only be awarded for individuals 17 years of age and younger.
- A scholarship will provide 2/3 reduction in the price, with the participants paying 1/3 of the program fee for each program. No other discount will apply. RevSports refund policy would remain in effect.
- Scholarship applicants must fill out a scholarship application form and return it to Maplewood Parks & Natural Resources via email (below) or in person at 2659 East 7th St, along with the 1/3 program registration fee (card, cash or check) and the letter of authorization form from the school district for reduced meal status or other documentation of financial need. The registration can be done in person at the Parks & Natural Resources office.
- A short note of thanks forwarded to the Mayor and City Council, 1830 County Road B East, Maplewood, MN 55109, would be appreciated.
- The application will be kept strictly confidential.
For additional information, contact Neil Breneman 651.249.2204 or email@example.com