State of the City 2019 - January 10, 2019, 11 am to 1 pm
Business, education, and government leaders are invited to the fourth annual State of Maplewood Luncheon. This event allows the Maplewood community to collaborate on building a stronger city. Hear about our 2018 accomplishments, learn what's planned for the year ahead, and help us recognize the business community's great work in the areas of innovation, environmental sustainability, and social responsibility.
- Mayor Slawik's State of Maplewood Address: Maplewood Mayor, Nora Slawik, will deliver her annual State of the City address. During her address, Mayor Slawik will highlight initiatives from 2018 and present the City's bold agenda for business development and retention moving forward into 2019.
- Share Your Ideas with City Decision Makers: Meet key city leaders including the City Manager, City Council Members, and Senior Management Team. Three Maplewood businesses will be honored for demonstrating excellence in the areas of innovation, environmental sustainability, and social responsibility. Maplewood's Housing and Economic Development Commission (HEDC) will present the awards.
- Registration: The registration fee is $20 per participant and is limited to the first 100 guests who register. The event will take place at the Maplewood Community Center/YMCA. Don't miss this opportunity to engage with other community leaders, city officials, and business people. Join us as we share how we're going to make our great city even better!
2018 Maplewood Community Business Engagement Breakfast - Maplewood Community Center
On November 1, the 4th Annual Community Engagement Breakfast was held. At this event we learned more about Maplewood's vision for the North End and what businesses have said about city services.
Businesses Engagement Review
This is the second year where the city visited local businesses and organizations (15) in partnership with the Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce (SPACC) for a discussion on what they see as top city assets, where we can more closely collaborate and what city improvements would help businesses.
North End Vision Planning
Anchored by the Maplewood Mall and St. John's Hospital, the North End is an important economic generator for the City of Maplewood and one of the premier activity centers in the northeastern Twin Cities Metropolitan Area. It is critical that the City of Maplewood work with key stakeholders and other important constituents to create a collaborative vision and framework for the North End that will ensure its position as a hub of vital activity well into the future. Perkins and Will is helping us lead this initiative.
State of the City 2018 - January 11, 2018, 11 am to 1 pm
Business, education, and government leaders gathered on January 11, 2018 for the third annual State of Maplewood Luncheon. This annual event allows the Maplewood community to collaborate on building a stronger city. At this event we heard about the city's 2017 accomplishments and about what's planned for the year ahead, and we recognized the business community's great work in the areas of innovation, environmental sustainability, and social responsibility.
2017 Community Engagement Breakfast
- Watch "Survey: Businesses Praise Maplewood".
- Watch the full presentation of the Business Engagement Survey Results with the St. Paul Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Watch the presentation on the 2040 Comprehensive Plan.
- View Rita Trapp's Comprehensive Plan Presentation (PDF) Opens in New Window .
- View the St. Paul Area Chamber of Commerce's Business Engagement Program Presentation (PDF) Opens in New Window .
- View the 2017 Business Engagement Program Report (PDF) Opens in New Window .