Passport applications are accepted
Please schedule an appointment below:
Please schedule an appointment below:
**Only schedule ONE appointment (15min) per applicant.
Scheduling for more than one applicant per 15min timeslot may result in your appointment needing to be rescheduled.
(Review the application checklist and come prepared!)
Passport Services Provided
The City of Maplewood provides the following passport services by appointment only:
- First Time Opens a New Window. DS-11 Passport applications
- Renewal Opens a New Window. DS-11 Passport applications for minors and adults not eligible to renew using DS-82 applications
- Passport photos
Appointments are available Monday - Friday from 8:15am until 3:45pm. When scheduling your appointment, please be aware of the following requirements:
- You will need to schedule one appointment (15 minutes) per person.
- All applicants must appear in person for their appointment.
- To ensure your appointment time can be honored, please arrive on time with applications filled out completely for each applicant.
You can now apply for routine service and expect to receive a passport in up to 18 weeks. You also have the option of paying an extra $60 for expedited service to receive your passport in up to 12 weeks.
For answers to frequently asked questions and up-to-date information , visit the US Department of State website. Those who have already applied for a passport can check the status of their application here.
You must apply in person using Form DS-11 if at least ONE of the following is true:
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport
- You are under the age of 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under the age of 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
If you are renewing a passport and none of the above statements apply, you must renew by mail using Form DS-82.
U.S. Department of State fees must be paid Check or money order only. A separate check or money order is required for each application.
Passport applications accepted at our facility are charged a $35 fee for processing the application. This fee must be separate from the passport fee and can be paid using check, money order, cash or credit card (2.98% + $0.30 transaction fee applied).
On-site photo service for is provided for $10/set a 2 photos. The photo fee can be combined with the processing fee (per applicant) or on its own using check, money order, cash or credit card (transaction fee applies).
If you are coming in for assistance with your renewal (because you have questions regarding your renewal and/or you need a photo) please schedule an appointment.
U.S. Department of State fees must be paid Check or money order only. A separate check or money order is required for each application. To determine the appropriate fees for your passport, including expedite and overnight delivery service, use the passport fee calculator.
If you answer NO to any of the above, you must apply in person using form DS-11).
Photo Fee:On-site photo service for is provided for $10/set a 2 photos. The photo fee can be combined with the processing fee (per applicant) or on its own using check, money order, cash or credit card (2.98% + $0.30 transaction fee applied).
If you need to get a passport in less than 12 weeks it is recommended to have your application expedited at the Minneapolis Passport Agency. Customers may schedule their appointment up to 2 weeks in advance; however, must be traveling within 3 days, or need a foreign visa within 10 days on the date of their appointment. Applicants must bring proof of international travel (for example, purchased airline or cruise tickets).
Call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment at the Minneapolis Agency. To schedule an appointment 24/7:
- Use the automated phone system and call 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
- Use the online passport appointment system.