Due to COVID restrictions, City Hall services are available by appointment only, no walk ins will be accepted.
Please ensure you book the correct service; if you book the incorrect service you may not be seen.
(Review the application checklist and come prepared!)
Passport Services Provided
The City of Maplewood provides the following passport services by appointment only:
- First Time Opens a New Window. DS-11 Passport applications
- Renewal Opens a New Window. DS-11 Passport applications for minors and adults not eligible to renew using DS-82 applications
- Passport photos
Appointments are available Monday - Friday from 8:15am until 3:45pm. When scheduling your appointment, please be aware of the following requirements:
- You can schedule appointments up to 28 days in advance.
- You will need to schedule one appointment (15 minutes) per person.
- All applicants must appear in person for their appointment.
- To ensure your appointment time can be honored, please arrive on time with applications filled out completely for each applicant.
Please understand the U.S. Department of State is still experiencing extremely limited passport operations, as a result of COVID-19. If you apply for or renew your passport now, you will experience significant delays of several months to receive your passport and the return of your citizenship evidence documents (such as birth certificate or naturalization certificate).
For answers to frequently asked questions and up-to-date information , visit the US Department of State website.
You must apply in person using Form DS-11 if at least ONE of the following is true:
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport
- You are under the age of 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under the age of 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
If you are renewing a passport and none of the above statements apply, you must renew by mail using Form DS-82.
U.S. Department of State fees must be paid Check or money order only. A separate check or money order is required for each application.
Passport applications accepted at our facility are charged a $35 fee for processing the application. This fee must be separate from the passport fee and can be paid using check, money order, cash or credit card (2.98% + $0.30 transaction fee applied).
On-site photo service for is provided for $10/set a 2 photos. The photo fee can be combined with the processing fee (per applicant) or on its own using check, money order, cash or credit card (2.98% + $0.30 transaction fee applied).
If you are coming in for assistance with your renewal (because you have questions regarding your renewal and/or you need a photo) please schedule an appointment.
U.S. Department of State fees must be paid Check or money order only. A separate check or money order is required for each application. To determine the appropriate fees for your passport, including expedite and overnight delivery service, use the passport fee calculator.
If you answer NO to any of the above, you must apply in person using form DS-11).
Photo Fee:On-site photo service for is provided for $10/set a 2 photos. The photo fee can be combined with the processing fee (per applicant) or on its own using check, money order, cash or credit card (2.98% + $0.30 transaction fee applied).
- Traveling in 24-48 hours. This is only in an emergency such as a serious illness, injury, or death in your immediate family.
- Traveling within 2 weeks, or need a foreign visa within 4 weeks. You must have proof of immediate international travel (for example, purchased airline or cruise tickets).
- Use the automated phone system and call 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793
- Use the online passport appointment system.