Plant a Tree! Annual Tree Sale
Maplewood is partnering with Tree Trust, a local non-profit, on an online tree sale. Hundreds of trees in Maplewood die each year due to development, pests and diseases, environmental conditions, age, and other factors. Many of these trees are on private property. To help ensure the long-term health and sustainability of our urban forest, the City subsidizes the cost of trees through an annual tree sale.
Trees for Sale
- $40 per tree, up to two trees per property
- For purchase by Maplewood residents only
For planting on your Maplewood property (but not in the boulevard)
- Trees must be pre-ordered and picked up during one of two pick-up events
- Trees are in Number 10 containers, are 4 to 6 feet tall and will fit in most vehicles (SMARTCARS excluded)
- Selection varies each year. Information on the species available is provided on the online sale webpage
- No refunds or warranty
- Quantities limited so order early
Ordering & Pick-up:
- To Order Online: Tree Trust's Maplewood Sale
- To Order Via Mail: Pick-up an order form at Maplewood Nature Center, City Hall, or Public Works building. Available a few days before online sale opens
- Pick-up Days: Prior to the pick-up event, you will receive a mailing with details about your order. Please bring that paperwork to the pick-up event to ensure a smooth process. If someone else is picking up on your behalf, they must bring your paperwork in order to receive the tree(s)
Key Dates for 2019 Sale
- 2019 Online Sale dates: March 18, 8 am through May 5
- 2019 Mail-in orders: Order form available March 15, must be received by May 5th
- 2019 Pick-up dates:
Saturday, May 18, 8 to noon
Monday, May 20, 5 to 7 pm
- 2019 Pick-up location: City Hall Campus (exact location to be announced)
Trees must be pre-ordered. There are no trees available for purchase on the pick-up day.
If you have additional Questions call 651-249-2400.