Plant a Tree! Annual Tree Sale
Maplewood is partnering with Tree Trust, a local non-profit, so City residents can purchase trees for a discount. Hundreds of trees in Maplewood die each year due to development, pests and diseases, environmental conditions, age, and other factors. Many of these trees are on private property. To help ensure the long-term health and sustainability of our urban forest, the City subsidizes the cost of trees through an annual tree sale.
- $40 per tree, up to two trees per property
- For purchase by Maplewood residents only
- For planting on your Maplewood property (but not in the boulevard)
- Trees must be pre-ordered and picked up during one of two pick-up events
- Trees are in # 10 containers, are 4 to 6 feet tall and will fit in most vehicles (SMARTCARS excluded)
- Selection varies each year. Information on the species available is provided on the online sale webpage
- No refunds or warranty
- Quantities limited, so order early!
Ordering & Pick-up:
To Order Online: Tree Trust’s Maplewood Sale
To Order Via Mail: Pick-up an order form at Maplewood Nature Center, City Hall, or Public Works building.
Pick-up Days: Prior to the pick-up event, you will receive a mailing with details about your order. Please bring that paperwork to the pick-up event to ensure a smooth process. If someone else is picking up on your behalf, they must bring your paperwork in order to receive the tree(s).
Key Dates for 2020 Sale
Online Sale dates: March 9th through May 6th
Mail-in orders: Order form available March 6th, must be received by May 6th
Saturday, May 16, 9 a.m. to noon
Monday, May 18, 5 to 7 p.m.
Pick-up location: Public Works Building
Trees must be picked up at one of the designated dates and times. Any abandoned trees will be planted in a park. Trees must be pre-ordered. There are no trees available for purchase on the pick-up day.
If you have additional Questions call 651-249-2400.