Charitable Gambling Funds
The City of Maplewood will soon be accepting applications for the use of the 2020 proceeds of the City's 10% Charitable Gambling Tax. The application deadline is September 16, 2019.
In order to qualify, an organization must be a non-profit corporation with an IRS 501(c) (3) designation serving the citizens of Maplewood. The first priority will be given to funding City of Maplewood organizations and second priority to organizations from outside the city proposing to meet the needs of Maplewood residents. In general, requests from organized athletic groups are not funded.
The City Council awarded a total of $30,000 in Charitable Gambling Tax Funds for 2018. Funds went to the following groups:
- Aquatic Research and Conservation Society (ARCS)
- Carver Elementary PTO
- Dispute Resolution Center
- Erickson Merkel Foundation
- Friends of Maplewood Nature
- ISD 622 Education Foundation
- ISD 622 Fusion Drumline Parent Booster Organization
- ISD 622 Northern Lights Show Choir
- Maplewood Area Historical Society
- Maplewood Police Reserves
- Maplewood Youth Scholarship Fund
- North High School Robotics Team
- North Star Museum of Boy Scouting and Girl Scouting
- Ramsey County Care Center
- Ramsey County Fair
- Silver Lake Improvement Association
- Special Olympics Minnesota - Maplewood Monarchs
- St. Paul Fly Tiers
- Tubman Family Alliance
- Weaver Elementary School PTO
- YMCA Neighborhood Centers Team
The funds are awarded by a vote of the Maplewood City Council. Applications are available online emailing Lois Knutson or calling at 651-249-2051.
The application deadline is September 16, 2019.