Karate / Self Defense
Unleash your child's potential with the power of martial arts!
The Martial Arts Classes are taught by instructors from The Edge Martial Arts studio, based out of Stillwater, MN. This premier karate studio was founded to promote and practice a hybrid style of martial arts that combines both competition and self-defense. Your child will learn the skills they need to be successful in life and learning; exercise, discipline, respect,
Class registration is for a calendar month meeting Monday nights at the times specified below.
*Participation requires the purchase of a uniform, available for $30 on the first day of class through Edge Martial Arts.*
- Little Dragons (4-6 year olds): 5:30-6:00 p.m.
- Beginner (7+ yr old): 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- Advanced Beginner (Gold belt and higher): 6:45-7:45 p.m.
- Day: Mondays - Register Monthly
- Location: Maplewood Community Center/YMCA
- Rate: $63
Master Michael Schafer, 5th Degree Black Belt - State ChampionMaster Schafer took his first karate lesson in 1982 through a Shotokan program at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls. He tried several other programs throughout the years until beginning his continuous training with National Karate in 1992. He achieved his 1st Degree Black Belt in June of
Master Schafer has competed at all belt
Two Ways to Register
- Online Registration - Register for our programs, it's fast and easy
- Call 651-249-2111