- preparation and control of the annual operating budget
- administration of the fire data processing systems (NFIRS)
- recruitment and enlistment of new employees
- provision of continuing education and training
- evaluation of the agency and its programs
- planning and for future service needs.
Meet the Fire Chief
Chief Steve Lukin
Meet the Chief of EMS
Chief Michael Mondor
Michael Mondor is the Chief of EMS for the Maplewood, MN Fire Department. Chief Mondor has over 14 years of experience working in volunteer, career, combination, hospital based, tiered response, police based and fire based EMS systems.
Chief Mondor is passionate about advancing the EMS profession and is specifically interested in Illness/Injury prevention, cardiac arrest resuscitation, and pediatric pre-hospital care. Prior to earning his Bachelor of Science from Waldorf College, he earned a Paramedic Diploma from Century College.
Chief Mondor lives in Stillwater, MN with his wife, Ricki, and two sons.